Linux Config management & code control
- Needs an agent installed
- Uses SSL self-signed certs
- “Declarative state”
- No agent needed
- Uses SSH
- Procedural (stepwise)
Version control in this context
- branching – develop code in a branch
- hooks – automatically do things when certain events happen
- Omnibus package
The dates have been realised and we will be there. It being held in Liverpool, Oct 30th – Nov 1st 2015!
Link to PCI Card and the link to computer shop where andy purchased
– Link to PCI Card and the link to computer shop where Andy purchased the card
– 3com 3c905c NIC
– Maldet for malware detection on Linux machines – geared towards web servers, Plesk/cPanel etc.
– mailwrapper – write mails sent by PHP scripts to a log – Plesk-specific
, but may work on other platforms
for copying/moving/syncing operations from a Linux machine to Amazon S3.
– To get the the ‘s3cmd –configure’ to work, you have to put in a policy document
(basically to allow the list operation.
– Because of Amazon’s pricing structure, it’s more cost-effective to backup to S3, then archive that to Glacier after a while. See this howto
– Log files are your friend! – /var/log/*.log
Misc, and recommendations:
This week, Jerry is back from the dead, we discuss Andy’s upcoming mega site visit and talk AD & Lync.
Jerry back from the dead
Andy’s audacious intervention
- Sort the network out
- Set up users on the new NAS box
- Set up different share on the NAS box for different purposes (effectively different partitions)
RAID is not backup
What happens when you RAID 24 SSD drives?
- Offsite – in case the office burns down
- Synology Sync
Careful with that ACT database, Andy!
We are Now on twitter: