32°F is the Freezing point of water
Al has a new small HP 2530p laptop which has decided on Manjaro as his chosen Linux distro
notepadqq is the linux verison of notepad++ for window.
The Command Al ran to fix his issue with the wifi not be enabled at start up:
"echo "blacklist hp_wmi" > /etc/modprobe.d/hp.conf"
Andy fixed his issue with WordPress by replacing the broken *.php file. Also: dealing with SSD cloning and the strange case of the PC-breaking desk
- Jerry is:
- moving into “devops” (whatever that means)
- Has a new client with 12 servers and no control panels(!) on Linode
- Dealing with more server backups
- Looking at gitlab
- Moving Nagios/Centreon into AWS
Andy ask how he can Scheduling task to do thing automatically.
- Windows task scheduling or the AT command.
- The cron job for linux
- Logwatch – Send daily reports of the logs on your Linux server via email
- AutoMySQLBackup – Auto backup your mysql backup daily.
- Jerry’s mysqldump script
Al has been playing with IDS and IPS to proctect a customer network against attacks:
Using Exchange Server Features to Prevent ‘Reply All’ Email Storms
Radiolab – Darkode – talks about Cryptowall, Russian hackers and DDoS attacks
Cool Youtube Channels:
Jerry BBC Links:
- Computing in Britain Radio – Podcast/Radio
- The Secret Rules of Modern Living: Algorithms – Marcus Du Sautoy
- Calculating Ada