Main migrations methods to Office365
-3rd Party Tools – Code 2 / MigrationWiz
-Cut over Migration
– Only Supported in exchange 2003,2007
– Requires Dirsync and Public Cert + Autodiscover / Outlook anywhere is working
– You can move mailboxes one at time or in batches, Uses the users onmicrosoft email to send- email between onsite and office365.
– Create batch migrations using CSV, This forward all emails to the user onmicrosoft.com email address.
– Then you need to convert the onsite mailbox to mail enable users.
– User need to reconfigure outlook to use office 365
– When everybody migrated to office 365 update SCP record and MX record.
– You can move mailboxes between office 365 and onsite and back again.
– Outlook does not need to be reconfigured.
– Requires a least one exchange 2013 server, with the mailbox and cas role installed but does not need to host mailbox,
-Requires a SSL cert (need to be configured correctly in exchange) configured in autodiscover / outlook anywhere and SMTP Connector
-Install Dirsync and run Hybrid configuration wizard to configure exchange to speak to office365
-Use mailbox move to move the mailbox to office365.
-You need decide if you are pointing MX records to office365 or the onsite exchange.
–Youtube Video on Hybrid Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Deployment